HOLUX M-241 BLUETOOTH USB GPS LOGGER
- LIGHTWEIGHT, COMPACT GPS LOGGER IDEAL FOR SPORTS AND OUTDOOR USE
- HIGH SENSITIVITY GPS RECEIVER ACHIEVES UP TO 2.2M ACCURACY
- 32 PARALLEL CHANNELS FOR QUICK GPS FIX
- LCD DISPLAY SHOWS CURRENT POSITION AND TRIP STATISTICS
- CAN WORK AS A WIRELESS BLUETOOTH GPS RECEIVER OR USB GPS RECEIVER WHEN PAIRED WITH A MOBILE OR LAPTOP
- WORKS WITH 3RD PARTY MOBILE GPS NAVIGATION SOFTWARE (NOT INCLUDED)
- INCLUDED SOFTWARE ALLOWS DETAILED ROUTE ANALYSIS WITH EXPORT TO GOOGLE EARTH AND OTHER POPULAR MAPPING SOFTWARE
- SOFTWARE SUPPORTS PHOTO GEOTAGGING AND SIMPLE UPLOAD TO PHOTO SHARING WEBSITES
Compact and lightweight USB GPS data logger with high sensitivity GPS chipset. The M-241 achieves 3m accuracy without aid which improves to 2.2m accuracy with DGPS.
The M-241 GPS logger has an on-off switch and upon being turned on will immediately use 32 parallel channels to search for a GPS fix. It achieves a fix in just one second for a hot start, and only takes 36 seconds for a completely cold start.
The M-241 GPS logger has a 32mm x 8.9mm LCD display that is operated by two button (menu and enter). The display and buttons can be used to show GPS status, current speed and altitude, current latitude and longitude, distance travelled and time. The logger can also be configured via the display.
The large flash memory allows up to 100,000 waypoints to be recorded, with each containing position, speed and altitude. The M-241 GPS logger can be configured via the included software to work in walking, running, cycling or vehicle modes. Each mode can be set to record waypoints automatically by a user specified time or distance.
The logger achieves up to 12 hours run time from a single AA battery, making it easy to replace the battery in the field.
By pairing the M-241 unit with a mobile phone or PDA it can act as a wireless Bluetooth GPS receiver providing data for third party GPS navigation software (not included). This can also be achieved by connecting the logger to the mobile or laptop with the supplied USB cable.
The bundled Holux ezTour software allows trip data to be read from the logger.
Using the latest version of the EZTour for Logger software - Version 2.01 and above - routes can be shown on a Google Map and the data can be interrogated in detail and plotted as graphs. Data can be edited, exported to Google Earth or saved as .gpx files for importing into other software that supports the .gpx format.
Holux ezTour allows photograph files to be automatically geo-tagged by synchronising the logger time with the time set in the camera. The position will be written to the photo files and ezTour makes it simple to upload them to photo sharing sites such as Flickr and Locr.
The M-241 GPS Logger should only be used with non-rechargeable alkaline batteries.
Software updates are freely available from http://market.holux.com/Software/SU/
Please note the Holux ezTour software is only compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
The software and device have been thoroughly tested with each of these operating systems. Because of the multitude of possible PC configurations we regret that we are unable to provide support for individual driver, software or connectivity problems.
- M-241 GPS Receiver
- Nylon strap
- AA battery
- 0.5m USB cable
- 12V car adapter
- Latest software versions are downloaded directly from http://market.holux.com/Software/SU using the unique product code suplied with each logger/GPS unit
- Quick start guide
- High sensitivity GPS chip to -159dBm
- L1 1575.42MHz
- 32 parallel channels for fast acquisition
- 1 sec hot start, 33 sec warm start, 36 sec cold start
- Built in WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS demodulator
- 3m accuracy without aid and 2.2m accuracy with DGPS
- Large flash memory which can store up to 100,000 waypoints
- WGS84 datum
- 32 x 8.9 mm 128 x 32 pixel LCD display
- Menu and Enter buttons
- Up to 12 hours run time from a single AA battery
- USB 2.0 full speed compliant interface via mini-USB connector
- Bluetooth wireless transmission fully compatible with Bluetooth Serial Port Profile
- 0 - 50 degrees C operating temperature
- -10 to 60 degrees C storage temperature
- User upgradeable firmware
- 32.1 x 30 x 74.5mm
- Approx 62 grams including AA battery
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty