HOLUX M-1200E BLUETOOTH RECHARGEABLE USB GPS LOGGER
- ULTRA-COMPACT GPS LOGGER WEIGHING JUST 32 GRAMS, IDEAL FOR CARRYING WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES
- HIGH SENSITIVITY GPS RECEIVER ACHIEVES UP TO 2.5M ACCURACY
- 66 PARALLEL CHANNELS FOR QUICK GPS FIX
- GPS, BATTERY AND BLUETOOTH STATUS VIA 3 LEDS
- SINGLE PRESS POINT OF INTEREST BUTTON
- CAN WORK AS A WIRELESS BLUETOOTH GPS RECEIVER OR USB GPS RECEIVER WHEN PAIRED WITH A MOBILE OR LAPTOP
- WORKS WITH 3RD PARTY MOBILE GPS NAVIGATION SOFTWARE (NOT INCLUDED)
- INCLUDED SOFTWARE ALLOWS DETAILED ROUTE ANALYSIS
- WITH EXPORT TO GOOGLE EARTH AND OTHER POPULAR MAPPING SOFTWARE
- SOFTWARE SUPPORTS PHOTO GEOTAGGING AND SIMPLE UPLOAD TO PHOTO SHARING WEBSITES
Ultra-compact and lightweight USB GPS data logger with high sensitivity MTK 3329 GPS chipset. The M-1200E achieves 3m accuracy without aid which improves to 2.5m accuracy with DGPS.
The M-1200E GPS logger has an on-off switch and upon being turned on will immediately use 66 parallel channels to search for a GPS fix. It achieves a fix in just one second for a hot start, and only takes 36 seconds for a completely cold start.
The M-1200E GPS logger has 3 LEDs and a button for recording points of interest:
- Satellite LED - Solid orange when searching for a GPS fix, blinking orange when fix achieved
- Battery LED - Green when charging, off during normal use, red when battery is low
- Bluetooth LED - Flashes blue during Bluetooth transmission changes to yellow when POI button pressed
The large 4 megabyte memory allows up to 200,000 waypoints to be recorded, with each containing position, speed and altitude. The M-1200E GPS logger can be configured via the included software to work in walking, running, cycling or vehicle modes. Each mode can be set to record waypoints automatically by a user specified time or distance.
The logger has a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which can be charged from a USB port or via a mains charger (available separately).
By pairing the M-1200E unit with a mobile phone or PDA it can act as a wireless Bluetooth GPS receiver providing data for third party GPS navigation software (not included). This can also be achieved by connecting the logger to the mobile or laptop with the supplied USB cable.
The bundled Holux ezTour software allows trip data to be read from the logger.
Using the latest version of the EZTour for Logger software - Version 2.01 and above - routes can be shown on a Google Map and the data can be interrogated in detail and plotted as graphs. Data can be edited, exported to Google Earth or saved as .gpx files for importing into other software that supports the .gpx format.
Holux ezTour allows photograph files to be automatically geo-tagged by synchronising the logger time with the time set in the camera. The position will be written to the photo files and ezTour makes it simple to upload them to photo sharing sites such as Flickr and Locr.
Software updates are freely available from http://market.holux.com/Software/SU/
Please note the Holux ezTour software is only compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
The software and device have been thoroughly tested with each of these operating systems. Because of the multitude of possible PC configurations we regret that we are unable to provide support for individual driver, software or connectivity problems.
- M-1200E GPS Receiver
- Velcro strap
- USB charging cable
- Car charger
- Latest software versions are downloaded directly from http://market.holux.com/Software/SU using the unique product code suplied with each logger/GPS unit
- Quick start guide
- MTK 3329 GPS chip
- L1 1575.42MHz
- High sensitivity to -165dBm
- 66 parallel channels for fast acquisition
- 1 sec hot start, 33 sec warm start, 36 sec cold start
- Built in WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS demodulator
- 3m accuracy without aid and 2.5m accuracy with DGPS
- 4MB flash memory which can store up to 200,000 waypoints
- WGS84 datum
- 550mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Up to 13 hours continuous use before recharge
- USB 2.0 full speed compliant interface via mini-USB connector
- Bluetooth wireless transmission fully compatible with Bluetooth Serial Port Profile
- -10 - 45 degrees C operating temperature
- -20 to 60 degrees C storage temperature
- User upgradeable firmware
- 68.5 x 22.8 x 15.5 mm
- Approx 32 grams weight
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty