HOLUX M-1000C BLUETOOTH RECHARGEABLE USB GPS LOGGER
- COMPACT GPS LOGGER WITH RUBBER ANTI-SLIP FEET, IDEAL FOR VEHICLE DASHBOARD MOUNTING
- HIGH SENSITIVITY GPS RECEIVER ACHIEVES UP TO 2.5M ACCURACY
- 66 PARALLEL CHANNELS FOR QUICK GPS FIX
- GPS, BATTERY AND BLUETOOTH STATUS VIA 3 LEDS
- CAN WORK AS A WIRELESS BLUETOOTH GPS RECEIVER OR USB GPS RECEIVER WHEN PAIRED WITH A MOBILE OR LAPTOP
- WORKS WITH 3RD PARTY MOBILE GPS NAVIGATION SOFTWARE (NOT INCLUDED)
- INCLUDED SOFTWARE ALLOWS DETAILED ROUTE ANALYSIS WITH EXPORT TO GOOGLE EARTH AND OTHER POPULAR MAPPING SOFTWARE
Compact USB GPS data logger measuring just 62.5 x 41 x 17.1 mm. Anti-slip rubber fit on the base of the logger make it ideal for standing on flat or slightly curved surfaces such as a vehicle dashboard.
The Holux M-1000C GPS logger use a high sensitivity MTK 3329 GPS chipset and achieves 3m accuracy without aid which improves to 2.5m accuracy with DGPS. The logger accurately records trips even when mounted inside a vehicle's windscreen.
The M-1000C logger has an on-off switch and upon being turned on will immediately use 66 parallel channels to search for a GPS fix. It achieves a fix in just one second for a hot start, and only takes 36 seconds for a completely cold start.
The M-1000C GPS logger has 3 status LEDs
- Satellite LED - Solid orange when searching for a GPS fix, blinking orange when fix achieved
- Bluetooth LED - Flashes blue during Bluetooth transmission
- Battery LED - Green when charging, off during normal use, red when battery is low
The large 4 megabyte memory allows up to 200,000 waypoints to be recorded, with each containing position, speed and altitude. The logger can be configured via the included software to record waypoints automatically by a user specified time or distance.
The logger has a replaceable, rechargeable, lithium-ion battery, which can be charged from a PC or laptop USB port or via a mains charger (available separately). The battery provides up to 20 hours run time.
By pairing the M-1000C unit with a mobile phone or PDA (but NOT Apple iPhone) it can act as a wireless Bluetooth GPS receiver providing data for third party GPS navigation software (not included). This can also be achieved by connecting the logger to the mobile or laptop with the supplied USB cable.
The bundled Holux ezTour software allows trip data to be read from the logger.
Using the latest version of the EZTour for Logger software - Version 2.01 and above - routes can be shown on a Google Map and the data can be interrogated in detail and plotted as graphs. Data can be edited, exported to Google Earth or saved as .gpx files for importing into other software that supports the .gpx format.
Software updates are freely available from http://market.holux.com/Software/SU/
Please note the Holux ezTour software is only compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
The software and device have been thoroughly tested with each of these operating systems. Because of the multitude of possible PC configurations we regret that we are unable to provide support for individual driver, software or connectivity problems.
- M-1000C GPS Receiver
- USB charging cable
- Car charging adapter (used with USB charging cable)
- Latest software versions are downloaded directly from http://market.holux.com/Software/SU using the unique product code suplied with each logger/GPS unit
- Quick start guide
- MTK 3329 GPS chip
- L1 1575.42MHz
- High sensitivity to -165dBm
- 66 parallel channels for fast acquisition
- 1 sec hot start, 33 sec warm start, 36 sec cold start
- Built in WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS demodulator
- 3m accuracy without aid and 2.5m accuracy with DGPS
- 4MB flash memory which can store up to 200,000 waypoints
- WGS84 datum
- 850mAh replaceable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Up to 20 hours continuous use before recharge
- USB 2.0 full speed compliant interface via mini-USB connector
- Bluetooth wireless transmission fully compatible with Bluetooth Serial Port Profile
- -10 - 60 degrees C operating temperature
- -20 to 60 degrees C storage temperature
- User upgradeable firmware
- 62.5 x 41 x 17.1 mm
- Approx 53 grams weight
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty