HOLUX GR 213U USB MINI G-MOUSE SLAVE GPS RECEIVER
- MINI G-MOUSE STYLE SLAVE GPS RECEIVER FOR USE WITH DESK TOP OR PORTABLE COMPUTERS
- HIGH SENSITIVITY SIRFSTAR III GPS CHIP GIVES ACCURATE POSITION EVEN UNDER TREE COVER
- IDEAL FOR VEHICLE NAVIGATION, MARINE, MAPPING, SURVEYING, SECURITY, AGRICULTURE AND A HOST OF OTHER APPLICATIONS
- BUILT- IN ANTENNA & RECHARGEABLE BACK UP BATTERY – UNIT CHARGES DURING NORMAL USE
- 2M CABLE WITH USB A FITTING
The Holux 213U is an ultra compact, ultra light, simple to use USB mini G-mouse type slave GPS receiver that is ideal for vehicle navigation, mapping, security, monitoring and surveying applications.
Waterproof to IPX7, weighing just 80 grams and about the size of half a hard boiled egg, it can be mounted to a vehicle body using the magnets on the underside of the unit, or secured using the supplied suction fitting to e.g. a windscreen or fascia panel.
The unit has a single LED which provides status information to the user: The LED is ON when power is connected and FLASHES when it has acquired a position.
The Holux 213U communicates with other electronic devices via compatible dual-channel via USB interface and saves critical satellite data in its built in back up memory.
The unit has a low power consumption and can track up to 20 satellites at a time. It re-acquires a satellite signal in 100 milliseconds and updates position data every second. User initialisation is not required.
Trickle power function allows the unit to operate only when required and Push-To-Fix permits the user to gain a quick position fix even though the receiver may be in “sleep mode”.
- USB interface with user selectable baud rate (4800 default, 9600, 19200, 38400)
- NMEA 0183 Version 2.2 ASCII output GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC (options GLL, VTG, ZDA)
- SiRF binary protocol
- Date & Time
- Error Estimates
- Satellite & Receiver Status
CHARGING AND BATTERY
A built-in 3V rechargeable battery provides back up power for the internal clock and memory. The unit itself charges automatically during normal usage – there is no need to charge it separately.
HARWARE/SOFTWARE COMPATIBILITY AND INTERFACES
- IBM Pentium compatible PC and above with 16MB memory and above.
- Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/7.
- VGA Graphic Adapter
The software and device have been thoroughly tested with each of these operating systems. Because of the multitude of possible PC configurations we regret that we are unable to provide support for individual driver, software or connectivity problems.
The GR-213U interface protocol is based on NMEA 0183 ASCII as defined in NMEA 0183 version 2.2 and RTCM Recommended Standards for Differential Navstar GPS Service version 2.1 RTCM Special Committee no.104 Type 1,2,9 or WAAS (USA) or EGNOS (Europe).
- High sensitivity Sirfstar III GPS chipset
- Built-in 3V rechargeable back up battery sustains internal clock & memory and recharges during normal operation.
- Up to 500 hours battery discharge time.
- Built in Antenna
- Adjustable power saver setting 20 – 80%
- Magnetic underside for mounting to the body of a vehicle
- Built In hardware tracking loop processor WAAS/EGNOS demodulator & beacon support
- Acquisition Time (average): Hot Start: 1 second - Warm Start: 38 seconds - Cold Start: 42 seconds - Re-acquisition Time: 0.1 second
- WGS84 datum
- IPX7 weatherproofing
- Operating Temperature: -10 to + 60 degrees C
- Storage Temperature: -20 to + 70 degrees C
- 64.5 x 42 x 17.8 mm
- Weighs 80g including cable
- 1 year Manufacturer's Warranty